Companion Minds is run by Tom Rowland (MSc) and Kate Golding (PgDip, PACT). They are both extremely passionate about animal behaviour & welfare science, and its application in an ethical way. Skills & knowledge are kept up to date with regular continued professional development. We are appropriately accredited with regulatory bodies so you can be assured of high quality, ethical practices.
- Heads up the behaviour consultation referral service of Companion Minds
- Provisional member of the Association of Pet Behaviour Counsellors (APBC)
- MSc (Distinction) – Clinical Animal Behaviour from the University of Lincoln
- Years of experience of working with rescue dogs in shelter environment both as a kennel hand and as an external behaviour consultant.
- Alongside his behaviour practice, he is starting his PhD in animal behaviour & welfare in January 2020
- Heads up the 1-to-1 dog training and dog training classes service of Companion Minds
- Accredited PACT KSA dog trainer (www.pact-dogs.com) which is a member of the Animal Behaviour & Training Council regulatory charitable body – ABTC (www.abtccouncil.org.uk)
- Has six years experience working as a trainer/assessor in the rescue environment
- Is currently studying for a MSc in Clinical Animal Behaviour at the University of Lincoln
- Has been training and competing in agility for 6 years
Both Kate & Tom have a passion for science, animal welfare, and ethical practices in the companion animal behaviour and training profession. They aim to use both their theoretical knowledge and practical skills to help you with any problems you may be having with your animal companion to build a long lasting, loving partnership.